The SPA2102 is the latest dual FXS port analog VoIP adapter from Linksys. The SPA2102 features a built in router to separate your VoIP network from other devices or you can use the SPA2102 as your router to connect other devices to on your network.
SPA2102 is our preferred ATA for supporting FAX.
Make sure to connect the phone, Linksys adapter, internet connection and computer as follows.
1. Connect the Ethernet cable from your PC to the LAN port of the SPA2102. Then connect your cable or DSL modem’s Ethernet cable to the SPA2102 Internet port. If necessary, disconnect the RJ-11 telephone cable of your telephone from the telephone wall jack. Then connect that end to the SPA2102 phone 1 port. If you have a second telephone or a FAX machine, plug that into phone 2 port. Now, power up your PC, cable and DSL modem and your SPA2102.
2. If your internet connection requires a user name and password (usually only DSL subscribers), you will need the setup instructions provided by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). If you do not have this information, then contact your ISP before continuing.
3. The instructions from your ISP tell you how to setup your PC for Internet access. Because you are now using the SPA2102 to share Internet access among several computers, you will use the setup information to configure the SPA2102 instead of the computer.
4. Make sure that your PC’s Ethernet adapter is set to ‘Obtain an IP Address Automatically’. Open your browser and enter 192.168.0.1 . This web-based configuration is not passworded.
Click on Admin Login and the click on the Router Tab.
Choose the Internet type in the drop down.
5. Next, choose from the main menu ‘Voice’ and then Line1 . Enter your ‘VOIP Connections’ <userid> into the User Id and Auth ID fields, <password> into the Password: field. Enter nyc-02.mypbxmanager.net into Registration/Proxy Server: field.
Repeat Step 5 for line 2.
Display Name: Enter your full name, this will show up as part of your callerid.
User ID: <userid>
Auth ID: <userid>
Register Expires: 3600
6. For the best voice quality, leave the Preferred Code: at default. If you have limited bandwidth choose G.729.
7. Click on the “Submit All Changes” button at the bottom of the form.
After phone reboots, make test calls to make sure the phone is working as expected.
If you run into any other issues, please contact VOIP Connections customer support.