- Connect the phone properly. Make sure the phone is connected securely to your router or switch. Be sure that all cables are snug and properly inserted to the correct ports on all phones. You will also need to make sure that you have a computer that can access the same router that the phone is plugged into, which will be used later in this tutorial.
- You will also need the MAC address that is labeled on the bottom of the phone. It is usually 12 characters in length and made up of numbers and letters. Please be sure not to confuse the mac address with the serial number, they can look similar sometimes.
- Make sure the phone is set to factory defaults. If you purchased your phone from a second hand retail service such as Ebay.com, or from another owner. It is likely that the phone may have been configured for another VOIP provider. To initiate a factory reset on your Grandstream GPX2140 phone, you will need to press the menu button on the phone.
After pressing menu button you can see below screen on display.
- Click to System option and in that Select Factory Reset
- Press “OK” to confirm factory reset and the phone will start factory reset process. Please make sure the phone has fully restarted before continuing.
- To configure phone using WebUI, you will need to get the IP address that your router has assigned to your Grandstream phone.
- Press Menu key and Select ‘Status’
- Select option Network Status
Note the IP address displayed, you will need to access that IP address from a web-browser on your computer. You can do this by typing the IP address directly into the address bar of your browser. You will not need to type “WWW” or “HTTP”, your browser will fill it in for you.
- Enter the default USERNAME and PASSWORD.
After login as admin click to Accounts and enter phone credentials which is provided by VOIP CONNECTIONS.
Account details shared by VOIP CONNECTIONS
Name: Mr. DEMO
Number: <Phone number>
Domain name: nyc-02.mypbxmanager.net
You need to enter the credentials in Accounts – General Settings page, as shown below
Use default options on ‘Basic Settings’ page
On Custom SIP Headers Page, make sure ‘Use X-Grandstream-PBX Header’ is disabled (No)
Click ‘Save and Apply’
After phone reboot, it should connect to Cloud PBX server. Make and receive few test calls to make sure calls are landing as expected and phone quality is satisfactory.
If you face any issues, contact our support team at email@example.com
VOIP CONNECTIONS Support team.