We really wanted a Lync app that would work on Wifi instead of using cell phone minutes. We came across Xavy app from Damaka and we decided to try it.
Download and install Xavy from respective smart phone AppStore
2. Enter your credentials as shown below.Sign in Address: <your SIP Sign in URI> User name: <your domainusername> Password: <your password>
3. Click the Server icon and make sure ‘Automatic configuration’ is selected
4. Click ‘Ok’ and click ‘Signin’
5. Xavy app will redirect to Xavy website to register
6. Complete the registration details on the website and click ‘Submit’. A registration confirmation screen appears as shown below.
7. Switch to Xavy and ‘Signin’ again. If you are credentials are correct, you should be able to see all your contacts as shown below.
8. While logging onto different domain, you might get a SIP redirection warning. You can choose to accept it.
9. Click the ‘Dial pad’ to make outbound PSTN calls
10. During incoming PSTN call, an incoming call screen pops, click the ‘Accept’ to answer the call
11. Click ‘Voicemail’ to get your voice mails
We made few incoming and outgoing calls and they all work as expected. The beauty of this app is that it works on Wifi instead of using your cell phone minutes. This is a great feature for our offshore team because we no longer need to incur international call charges to talk to your team.
We will continue to test this app in coming weeks but so far we like it.
VOIP Connections Tech team