Download and install Xlite Bria from iTunes app store.
1. Run the Bria app and select ‘Accounts’
2. Click the + sign on the top to add a new account.
3. Under ‘User-Defined Accounts’ Select SIP
4. Enter under
Account name – VOIP Connections
User Details – Display as – <Ten digit DID number>
Username – <account number>
Password – <password>
Domain – nyc-02.mypbxmanager.net
Under Voice mail – VM Number – <account number>
5. Use the default settings under ‘Dial Plan’ and ‘Account Advanced’
6. Save the settings and set enabled ‘ON’. If everything goes right, Account status would show as ‘Registered’
7. Under Accounts, Enabled, ‘VOIP Connections’ would be visible.
8. You can set your preferences under – Settings – Presences
9. Also under Premium features, you can download G729 Audio code which really helps if you are in a low bandwidth location
You can start making calls either using ‘Phone dial pad’ or from your ‘Contacts’
Our test results
We tested Bria using wifi at Airports, Hotels and Coffee shops. Generally call quality is ok. We noticed few echos and delays during conversation.
It is a good start from CounterPath and hopefully the voice quality will improve in subsequent versions. It is good to use for short conversations. Make sure you let the callee know that you are calling from a wifi location and voice quality may not be that perfect.
If you run into any issues, please feel free to reach VOIP Connections Customer support.